Since the entry of new rivals like Reliance Jio, the telecom industry in India is seeing a drastic change. Also, the pricing war leads to the daily change in the telecom plans as well. Those who are in the telecom-related industry need to have a daily updated pricing for the operator plans and browse plans. Our Tariff plans API provides the latest information on the recharge plans and offers for all the major operators.
The following changes will happen in the latest version of the operator plans API. If you are a developer using this telecom plan API, you will be notified of official changes in the changes in the tariff plans API.
Major changes in Tariff Plans API
- The plans for the operator videocon no longer will be available, make sure that you remove the videocon recharge plans on your existing website or app. This is because the operator is no longer available.
- Similarly, the Aircel recharge plans for all the region won’t be available. All the developers using the telecom plan API are requested to remove the Aircel recharge offers from their website and app.
- From the beginning, there were almost 14 operators serving across the plans. Now, this is been cut down after removing the non-functional operators.
- The implementation of the category called “Plan” in the API response. Since most of the operators started offering packs which are bundled along with unlimited calls and data, these are specially categorised. Please note that special offers are not available to all the operators which we currently support.
- The API had huge performance boosted for faster loading of data into your website and apps. Your workflow will be much faster for a smoother User experience now.
- Implementation of IP whitelisting for the developers. Now only allow a set of IP address to access the service for maximum protection on the website
A tutorial on how to implement the telecom plan API is here.